Monday, September 27, 2010

Smooth Sailing



By 3pm on Saturday July 31st, the Isle Royale Queen was underway beginning the 3 hour voyage back to Copper Harbor with a boat full of weary campers & hikers. A few young kids entertained themselves with cards, but all in all it was pretty quiet. I'm not sure if we were just a quiet group, if everyone was just reflecting on their awesome journey...or were they just simply exhausted like me. I laid my head on the table and fell sound asleep for 2 hours. When I awoke, Lake Superior was glass calm! I snapped this shot from my seat!



Not believing my luck that I could have 2 very tolerable trips across Lake Superior I made my way to the stern to have a better look. With Superior's reputation of being such a treacherous body of water, it was surprising to see it so calm.
That was ok by me!



As we neared Copper Harbor the sky melted into the water and it became impossible to separate the two. What a great end to a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your trip despite being there during the crazy heat wave!

    ReplyDelete