Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Mission Mackinac Bridge Walk...South Tower

Here was the halfway point, 2.5 miles down and 2.5 miles to go until I reached Mackinac City! As you can see, the crowd thins and thickens depending on the pace of the participants.
 Approaching the north side of the South Tower.












To get my photo taken with the South Tower, I elected this time to have a stranger take the photo with my phone as it's much cheaper to replace than my camera!
















I spotted a photographer on top of the South Tower. I wondered....had he taken the stairs, or the elevator? My bet was on the elevator. I'm not sure how I would feel about being up there. I'm sure it was quite a bit more gusty up there though! I was quite content to stay on the deck of the bridge. I did wave at him, like he saw me!

Then, a helicopter started to circle the area. Those around me were also unsure if it was police or the National Guard, or a news helicopter.

For one last time, I decided to walk on the grate for a little while. Looking through the grate you can see the pillar and green platform below and the blue water just beyond the green platform.

The view from directly below the South Tower.












A last look back at both towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment