Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunset Sail in Aruba

(sorry folks, my page is not laying out they way I am organizing it!) Sunday January 23rd marked the first full day in Aruba. It was pretty much spent just organizing our stuff, making arrangements for tours, and of course, relaxing! We were able to secure reservations for a sunset cruise on a catamaran with Pelican Adventures. We took a short taxi ride to Eagle Beach where we awaited the return of the catamaran skippered by the owner's son, Julian, a.k.a. "Captain Hottie"!




The beach was lined with sunbathing
tourists and para sailing charters. We never did get a chance to do this, nor did we see anyone else give it a shot.


Here we are awaiting our departure, my cheeks were rosy and I hadn't even gotten my first rum punch yet!







Although we didn't see any parasailers, there were several dozen folks kite boarding! It was amazing to see them zip across the ocean, leap into the air and turn flips! I would LOVE to try...but...I think we all know what the end result would be and I don't think my Blue Cross covered me in Aruba!





Finally underway, rum punch in hand, a wonderful breeze, soft island music...I was in heaven. Life gets so hectic sometimes I forget how much I just love being on the water and under sail... Many gulls and frigate birds drafted behind the sails and also spotted some flying fish!










Just chillin' on the bow...like when I was a kid...
















After sailing to the west end of the island and past the lighthouse, we gently turned back west to watch the sunset .





It was an absolutely great sunset! Just enough clouds to bring out some color and add interest but we were able to see the sun slowly sink into the Atlantic Ocean!










Going....












going.....











pretty much gone!












Ellie watching the very last bit of daylight leave the sky.


After returning to the docks, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner of MahiMahi and Steak Brichetto at their restaurant. It was the perfect end to an awesome day in paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment