Saturday, April 9, 2011

Arikok National Park, Part 3

After exploring the beach, we
ascended the stable, but rickety stairs, and decided that it was high time for lunch. How convenient a small open air "restaurant" was only a few hundred steps away! We had a refreshing lunch of burgers, fries and cokes while taking in the amazing ocean views! The waitress told us that you can avoid paying the park entrance fee by telling them you are going thru the park to dine at their establishment! I think it was only about $5 or so per person, but if you had a whole carload of folks this would certainly be a wise choice! And it really hit the spot!
 Another highlight of the restaurant was that the iridescent Whiptail lizards were in abundance! Most likely because of the crumbs that another family had left behind! I later learned that only breeding males turn this turquoise color. Apparently the females are a drab brown.
On the way back to the entrance I forgot Ellie's stern warning to not leap from the moving car and was halfway out of the car when she ordered me back in! All I wanted to do was get a little closer to the goat! I guess the fact that it had horns made her nervous (I told her that in an emergency I would most likely jump onto the trunk or hood of the car if escape was necessary...) and I complied...safety first I suppose...I just can't help the fact that I get super excited!  
She did stop right in front of this guy for several minutes though! And, I stayed safely buckled in....

No comments:

Post a Comment