Thursday, April 21, 2011

Snorkel....Malmok Bay & Arashi Beach

Finally....we were going to get into the water! Wednesday, January 26 we left CPV and took a taxi to Pelican Pier for a nearly 5 hour snorkeling tour at 3 sites with Pelican Adventures. It was a little cloudy, but I knew it was going to be a great day when I saw this rainbow! We were warmly welcomed on board by the gracious staff.



The first spot we would jump in at would be Malmok Reef near Arashi Beach. Since we were headed to the western end, we got to see the California Lighthouse again! Today, the waters were MUCH calmer and I only fiddled with my camera a little bit, and Ellie had found her sea legs once again!








It was announced that the "pool was open"! Ellie and I were among the first to get into the water, we don't mess around when we explore! Here she is at Malmok Reef with the catamaran in the background.




I kept seeing a lot of these pretty yellow fishes. I really wanted to find a "fish of Aruba" book, but these wasn't one to be found.







Now, the visibility was less than optimal, and the sun kept going behind the clouds, but I saw a fairly large fish in the background behind the smaller fish. I'm not sure what it was, but it was pretty big!






I had remembered to bring along a packet of fish bites that hand from my wrist, and I tried it out on these friendly fish!









The highlight of this site was spotting a large sea turtle!









...but he swam a lot faster than I did, so I soon lost him.







I tried to get down closer to these fish, but I'm just too buoyant.










Ellie swimming along with a school of fish!








Just before being called back to the boat, I lifted my head out of the water for a few moments and was surprised to see the cacti growing so close to the ocean! Once on board, we were served snacks and I had some fresh pineapple juice! Yum! On to the next spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment