Friday, April 29, 2011

Snorkeling at Catalina's Bay

After a quick lunch of a sandwich and potato salad, it was back into the water! Most of the folks were lolly gagging with their lunch, but I did not pay to spend my day eating lunch...I had fish to swim with!





This was my favorite spot of the day. The reef was very close to shore and I was able to sneak up on a Brown Booby and 2 Brown Pelicans using the water as cover! There was also a very small beach with a few Divi Divi trees where I eventually went ashore for a few minutes.


The photo of the Brown Booby was a little blurry because I kept getting pounded by the surf onto the reef! This whole snorkeling day took by birdwatching to a whole new level!






A close up of the Brown Pelican preening!









All ashore for some land exploration! I pretty much got washed right up onto the beach with the next wave!







I was the only one that spotted this really cool fish....a coronet fish!









Oops, I forgot this Aruban Whiptail Lizard that I spied on the beach here!









All too soon everyone was summoned back to the catamaran, it was time to head back to the dock. Boo hoo! But, it was for the best as I was already quite sunburned despite the waterproof SPF 50 I had reapplied multiple times! What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment