Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hadacurari Pier

Hadacurari Pier is a hotspot for fishing activity. Our chartered 1/2 day fishing trip left from here. A nice quiet place with an area to weigh and fillet fresh fish is quite convenient. And great place for birdwatching too! This Brown Pelican stared us down and kept close awaiting fish scraps! Pretty smart!


This Magnificent Frigate bird was an awesome sight too! Unfortunately, when he was directly above me in the light you can't see his red throat!







I'm not so good with shorebirds
yet, but I think these are Ruddy Turnstones on the bow of this small boat.
A view of the docks, and (I think) Eagle Beach from the end of the pier.









After a rough morning of fishing myself (no longer various shades of green), Alejandro (crew) and Ellie (sore but standing) pose on the pier as Swa finishes up cleaning our fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment