Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exploring Leonardville

On a dreary Sunday afternoon, Michelle and I took off to explore the area around Clay Center, specifically...Leonardville. While on this vacation, my preferred scenery seemed to focus on windmills, barns, and fences. So, sorry for the redundancy, but for the next several days, I was just enthralled with this type of stuff.
Driving up from Wichita I kept seeing fields of red. Come to find out, it was milo. And now I was able to get up close and personal with milo!

Milo, also known as sorghum, is commonly used in the U.S. as a feed grain for livestock. It is, however, in other areas of the world, used as a grain for human consumption.

 Also in Leonardville, is an old church. Unfortunately, it has been unoccupied for several years and vines have taken over the exterior. I would like to think that at one point in time it was a very quaint and beautiful church.


A barn on the outskirts of this farming community.

Although summer had long since passed, I was fortunate to find a few sunflowers still in bloom!


No comments:

Post a Comment