Monday, June 20, 2011

Sedona Sunset

 Since the sky was clear and colder weather was moving in, we decided to take advantage of the situation and drive to the outskirts of the city to catch the sunset. I think I was telling Ellie to pull over about every 2 miles because I wanted to get out and check out the area!
 I REALLY had to have her pull over in this scenic spot...the lighting and the color of the rocks was just too good to pass up! Before I knew it I had wandered about 200 feet from the car!

 Were these Javelina footprints?? We never did see one....but I did see plenty of evidence of them feeding on the prickly pear cactus in the area!
I found out that the sun and the colors of the clouds are not what Sedona sunsets are all about, rather, the colors of the rocks that are brought out in different lighting!

As the sun went down and dusk arrived, we came across a small group of mule deer quietly feeding!
One last photo with Chimney Rock in the far background.

No comments:

Post a Comment