Monday, June 20, 2011

Sedona Red Rock Sunrise

 Just as the sun rose over the ridge, we lifted off up into the heavens. Today we would reach a maximum altitude of 5,000 feet and a maximum speed of 20 mph.





Every passing minute, the sky would get a little bit brighter and the dark ground would start to glow deep clay-colored hues.

Time for more altitude to soar up over a ridge top!

 Sedona's famous Red Rocks and in the background, Flagstaff's snow covered Mt. Humphrey's.


 The scenery was absolutely breathtaking! And the ride was so quiet! I guess I expected to hear wind whooshing past me...but it was pretty quiet except when the balloon needed more inflation! And since the basket came pretty much up to my shoulders, I had no fear of falling out or anything, it was a very serene experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment