Monday, June 20, 2011

Looking for a Spot to Land

 All too soon it was time to start looking for a landing site. Not that I hadn't been looking out beyond and below with amazement and snapping pictures like crazy, but the "this is your last chance" for photos, drove me crazy and I was burning up megabites like nobody's business! I didn't want to land!! So, we fly to New Mexico...I haven't been there yet, why not! But....I suppose it's like they say....all good things must come to an end. Rats!
 Hmmm, this area might be promising, there's a road nearby this spot in Coconino National Forest.
 Pilot Mark instructing the folks from India, the Vancouverites, and Ellie of the details of landing.....he should have went over that before I got into the balloon and got all excited...like I was paying attention to anything besides the scenery...well, I did hear the part about bracing yourself and hanging on....hmmmm...think I could hang on with 1 hand while snapping pics with the other??

The landscape below looks like low ground cover from above, but those shrubs are 4-7 feet tall and very brushy!
One last look at the Red Rocks of Sedona from above.

 Definitely the landing site!
 The sky was so bright and blue!
 Oooooohhh, not quite here, had to go back up and over a few hundred feet or so.

 Here comes the rest of the crew to pack us up...thank goodness for 2 way radios! It's easier to direct them from above on the road and trails to take to reach us!

Safely back on terra firma.

No comments:

Post a Comment