Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Assateague Island National Seashore..Virginia


So, late afternoon on the 3rd of October, I reached Wallops Island, Virginia and decided to take a quick jaunt over to the Virginia side of Assateague being that you can't drive from one end to the other. As you can see, the day continued to deteriorate and was quite windy and blustery not to mention drizzly! The Atlantic Ocean was quite angry and even though I was still was donning my raingear, I decided I would just stay inside my nice warm vehicle!











This little guy was probably hoping I would invite him in!













Many of the birds were gobbling up dead fish brought in by the waves, no flying in today's conditions! Well, nearly 5pm and have to go check in at my Road Scholar (elderhostel) program at Wallops Island, should be fun lugging all my stuff in while its raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment