Monday, July 5, 2010

Mighty Mac

On my recent jaunt to Mackinaw City, I paused by the shore to view the Mackinaw Bridge, what use Michiganders call the Mighty Mac. It was a drizzly overcast afternoon, and the upper portion seemed to disappear into the clouds. On the St. Ignace side...you really couldn't even see the bridge connecting into the land! Kind of like it just...dropped off!



Well...I've got less than 3 weeks to get over my phobia of crossing this 5 mile bridge of terror! I realize its the 3rd largest suspension bridge in the world....but the day I cross it...it will I'm sure feel like the longest!

Yup....the Canadian Geese were here too....except I don't think many people feed them up here like they do at home...but they weren't at all disturbed by my presence.




No comments:

Post a Comment