Thursday, July 1, 2010

Evening Walk


Over the last few months it has been a wonderful treat to have an entrance of my road blocked off while a new bridge is being built. A few times a week I treat myself to some "nature time" and although hiking on pavement isn't really my style, its a quick close refuge! It leads past one of my favorite barns and the wildlife is coming out of the woodwork! I commonly see deer in the clearing, rabbits, wild turkeys, northern flickers, red-breasted grosbeaks, cedar waxwings, and barn swallows swooping all around the barn and in the field! Lately one has been playing this odd game with me while I am mowing grass, swooping and diving like it wants me to play chase! Yesterday, I spotted it circling Nadia and Gracie, but I guess they were too tired to give chase. The wildflowers are pretty great too! I think this is the only 1 & 1/2 mile walk that takes me well over an hour because I am constantly stopping to watch or observe!


No comments:

Post a Comment