Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hodgepodge of Sights in Sedona

 This post is  just a hodgepodge of various interesting and/or funny photos that didn't really fit with anything, yet, I couldn't leave them out!

Just a random view from the car window of pretty landscape!
 Courthouse Butte
 We kept seeing these "snakes" all over the place! I'm not sure if they control erosion or what their function is exactly....anyone out there know??
Bell Rock

 Just another lovely day on vacation, cruisin' down the road, lookin' for adventure...or a nice view!
 The 2 larger formations to the right are the Two Nuns I believe, the smaller one to their left looks like 2 people embracing....I've got a close up of that below...

All through Arizona, are "odd" named roads, especially on highway 17! But this is my favorite "odd" road  in Sedona! And the homes were QUITE exclusive!

This is perhaps the most "wow" house
 I may have ever seen in my life. Viewed from the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Their view is phenomenal, double click to enlarge to see better!
And they even have their own observatory! Wonder who lives here?

By a shop downtown that offered UFO tours.....no time for that one. We did go on an evening sky/astronomy outing with an outfit from Flagstaff. Even though we saw Jupiter & 3 moons, a double star, Orion nebula & many constellations, the guide was pretty dry and quite frankly it was 20 degrees and we were a bit chilled. I saw several shooting stars....but not one UFO. I bet these UFO folks are pretty funny though!

No comments:

Post a Comment