Sunday, July 10, 2011

Broken Arrow Tour with Pink Jeep!

 By Thursday, the weather looked a bit warmer so we booked a 2 hour tour with Pink Jeep called Broken Arrow. It took us up close and personal, offroading, to a bunch of the rock formations in Sedona. Obviously here, we are still "on the road" to our first destination. Ellie and I were Josh's only passengers for this trip.
A quick stop at Camel Rock...

I think Chimney Rock was my favorite
....I seemed to take a LOT of photos of it and I really just wanted Ellie to pull the car over every time we passed it so I could hike right up to the base! But no....either we were on a schedule, too cold, getting dark....and she was more than likely right when she said it was probably further and more difficult than I thought....next time I WILL though!

 Our first stop, was Submarine Rock, named by none other than...Walt Disney! And yes, it DID look like a submarine!
 Well don't you know I HAD to go up there!
 Looking out onto the other "knob" off into the city of Sedona.
And I even got Ellie to climb it too!!

I don't remember the name of this one...but it made for a striking photo! It was near Chicken Point.

 Submarine rock from a higher vista at Chicken Point.
 For some reason, I want to call this one mushroom, but I don't think that was its real name. He said a few car commercials were filmed there.This time Josh & the Jeep did the climbing for us!
 It doesn't look that bad, until you descend! Definitely somewhere I wouldn't take my rental car!
 Here's Ellie hanging on as Josh gets us back down to the bottom.
My vantage point! I quickly had to get back to hanging on!!!

Looking out onto more rock formations and Coconino National Forest.

 This descent was not as steep, but very bumpy! But Josh took it slow as to not launch us out of the Jeep!
 We passed a Vortex site, and a tree with odd bark. According to legend, the energy in the Vortex area causes the trees do be deformed.
Closeup of the unknown tree.

All too quickly our tour ended....we ate lunch and then were off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment