Sunday, August 29, 2010

Moonrise

One wish I had while I was on
Isle Royale was to either see a full moon reflecting on Lake Superior....or the northern lights. Well, preferably both...but that might be asking too much, besides a full moon may light the sky up too much to obscure the aurora unless they were super intense. I was fortunate to at least the the full moon and to have a clear sky at that! The moon rose over Raspberry Island which is less than a mile

across Rock Harbor from the lodge. What a sight it must have been to back country campers on the south side of the island and on inland lakes as well! I had planned on lugging my tripod down the stairs and onto the rocks....but my windows were clean and it worked out real good! So...I set up...took a few shots...lay down for a bit....got up...repeat cycle. Talk about easy!




July 26th was a pretty calm night, temperatures still hovered in the 70's (at least in my room, but it was the top floor) but there was a quiet breeze and it was so easy to drift off to sleep with the sounds of waves crashing onto the rocks below.
Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment