Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Birds & The Bears??!


On November 11th, this curious fellow was walking towards our Tundra Buggy directly to the left of another buggy that was parked almost nose to nose with ours. I was hoping for that "I'm going to put my paws on the buggy right beneath your camera and look into your eyes" shot. Instead, I think I actually witnessed something much more amusing and interesting! Nanook had spotted a bird nest from last summer that had blown around the tundra! So....curiosity sets in and he decides to stop and investigate!






















Gee whiz! I smell something...but where did it go???





















Maybe I'll just pick it up and shake the bird out of it!!























Yuck! How do I get this awful taste out of my mouth!
















Oohhhh...I DID shake something loose!

At this point, I could see old feathers from chicks floating out of the nest and blowing away.











Hmmmm....what is that smell????!!!














After about 5 minutes or so of exploring the vacant nest he decided it was time to move on and explore our buggy!
This was such a neat viewing opportunity...you really got to see how inquisitive and aware they really are!


No comments:

Post a Comment